Monday, January 28, 2008

Step of Obedience

Yesterday, Jacob and 8 others took a step of obedience and were baptized. They later joined the church along with one other young lady. It was an exciting time in our family as well as in our church. Some have been saved only a few weeks, other for more than 10 years. We held the service at a sister church, there was barely enough water to immerse the people. They had to sit down and then David put them under the water. Someday our church will have its own place to baptize.

The children who were baptized.

The whole group.

Jacob getting baptized by his daddy.


On another note, the truck is very sick. We are hoping to have it looked at this morning and maybe leave this afternoon. We won't go until we are sure it will get us there. That may be yet tomorrow. Either way we are packed and ready to go.



2 comments:

Kristi said...

That's wonderful about Jacob and the others!!

Sorry about the truck - no fun!

Anonymous said...

Kandie! Thank you for posting that. I'm sorry that my commenting hasn't been what it should be. I will work on that...I think I may have to soon anyway...I signed up to be a leader for your family and our church for the Missionaries! Woohoo! :) I'm assuming that the kids made it back safely from camp...

I have video to post of the Duttons last service, however, my memory card got sick and I need to have it looked at...it was a wonderful time...they are so excited. I cried a while on Amy Shaw's shoulder...not because I'm sad, but because I'll miss them so much...oh well, life is so short. amen!