Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Snow, Sledding, Sore

First time to touch snow in 5 years!

What goes down must come back up again.

Benjamin tries out the snowboard, pretty cool!

Jacob absolutely loves the snow and sledding.

It isn't ice cream but it is cold!

I know for many of you, snow is the last thing you want; in our case we are more than anxiously awaiting it. We had our wish come true this past weekend. We were ecstatic to arrive at Hills Corners Bible Baptist Church in Buchanan, MI and find about 6 inches of snow on the ground. An early snow for them? Yes, but what a blessing for us. Another huge blessing was the wonderful family we stayed with. They have 3 young girls and 2 older sons still at home. Their girls were wonderful in getting my children outfitted for sledding. Sledding!!! Yes!!!! The children spent about an hour on Saturday night and about 2 hours on Sunday afternoon sledding til their hearts content. Yes, they came in cold and sore but quite happy. We can't wait for more. Last night on our drive home from there we did drive through some heavy snowfall, that wasn't as fun but the children said it was like Star Wars and going into "hyperspeed." Now to invest in some snow boots!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Hi! My name is Christina, and I go Hills Corners.
I just thought I'd leave a comment and say how much I've really enjoyed this missions conference! And I really enjoyed the pictures last night! I'm praying for your family!
~Christina

Anonymous said...

Okay, if it makes all our little Peruvians so happy, I promise to give thanks for snow when it comes to IN. :-)

Missy said...

Hi! My name is Emily, and I also go to Hills Corners! :)
Thankyou so much for coming to our church for the missions conference! I, and I'm sure others, was definitely encouraged! I am praying for you all!
~Emily