Friday, December 12, 2008

Update on dad

This morning both doctors have seen dad. No surgery is required for the broken shoulder blade. He just needs to wear a sling when he is up and about. When he is sitting he is to take the sling off to exercise the arm a bit. He isn't vomiting anymore and is now on oral pain medication. He is still in a lot of pain. The top of his head is very tender, that is where he hit the ground first. His elbow is also quite painful so they are going to xray that today also. His jaw is sore but not broken. I am sure he will be black and blue today. He should come home today where he will rest better. He still doesn't want to eat but needs to in order to begin the healing process. I don't know how mom slept last night but I know I had a difficult time getting to sleep, I just kept seeing my dad lying unresponsive on the garage floor. At the time the nurse in me just took over and handled it but it was more difficult when I got to bed last night. God answered prayers in taking those thoughts away and allowing me to go to sleep. Thanks for praying. He doesn't remember anything, that is also a wonderful blessing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the morning update, Kandie. I am off to VOH in a little bit and was anxious to hear about him before leaving. You ladies will probably have a tough time getting him to rest once he's home. :-) Love to all...

Jamie Hornbrook said...

Kandie,

We are praying for your dad. So good to hear that it wasn't anything more serious. I'm sure it was very scary ordeal yesterday. Thanks for keeping us posted. Love you all!